As I find them, I will start to build a list of relatively light-weight cameras, that I would happily use for KAP, supporting both:
- RAW image capture; and
- an integral interval timer (time lapse), with short interval times under 60 seconds.
1. Canon Powershot & CHDK
One option is to use older Canon Powershot compacts (currently Digic II to VI processor) and run the CHDK software, which will run a number of Intervalometer scripts, as well as capture RAW.
Better processor models:
- A1300 – 1400
- A2300 – 2600
- A3300 – 4000
- SX240 – 260
A full list of Canon cameras supported is here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Cameras
2. GoPro Hero 5 Black
The GoPro Hero 5 will capture RAW as well as has the usual GoPro built in Intervalometer.
3. Cameras with a built-in Interval Timer function
- Fujifilm X30 & X70
- Fujifilm X-E2, X-E2S, X-A3
- Nikon Coolpix P7000, P7100, 7700 & P7800 – note: shortest setting is only 30s
- Nikon J1, J2 & J3 – note: although not specified owners report shortest interval setting is 5s.
- Olympus E-P5
- Panasonic Lumix DMC GX7, GX8, GX80 & GX85
- Samsung NX500
4. Sony Cameras with Time-Lapse App
Sony offers a Time-Lapse in-camera app for a number of their cameras: Time Lapse App
- NEX-5R, NEX-5T & NEX-6
- a5000, a5100, a6000, a6300 & a6500
- RX100M3, RX100M4, RX10M2, RX10M3 & RX100M5
Video on one of the free time-lapse apps: youtube video
Here is a list of larger sensor cameras with built-in times: https://www.lonelyspeck.com/list-of-large-sensor-cameras-with-built-in-intervalometers/
A Wikipedia page that also list some models with intervalometers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intervalometer